School: aaaom.edu

Monday, March 3, 2014

Athlete Brought Acupuncture to Sochi Olympics

Hobbled Steven Holcomb is best U.S. hope in bobsled
The United States hopes to make history in the four-man bobsled this weekend, but it needs Holcomb to fully recover from the calf strain he suffered during the two-man event Sunday for that to happen. If he's hobbled, the chances diminish greatly for him to become the first American driver to win successive Olympic titles in 82 years.
"There are a lot of treatment options I can do, but they're all illegal," said Holcomb, who won gold in Vancouver four years ago. "I'm sticking to acupuncture, massage and laser stuff to help increase blood flow.... On race day my adrenaline will be going, I'll put in my mouthpiece, bite down hard and dig deep."

To read the full story from Los Angeles Times, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment