School: aaaom.edu

Friday, March 28, 2014

Acupuncture for Beauty and Baby


Pretty vs Pregnant: Pregnancy and Fertility Acupuncture

Acupuncture has never really been on my radar. However that changed last summer when acupuncture facials became one of the hottest treatments in the beauty world. As a dutiful beauty editor, I went off to meet London-based acupuncturist and Chinese doctor, John Tsagaris, who is famed for his facials.
Part of my consultation was discussing my overall health and I thought I may as well mention that I was trying to get pregnant. He suggested that a fertility acupuncture session may be more relevant at that moment in time, I thought 'why not' and fertility acupuncture is what I got.
Now, I want to present the facts as they were and leave you to make any judgements or thoughts. My husband and I had been trying to get pregnant by the time I saw Tsagaris. We are young and healthy with no pre-existing health conditions. We weren't worried about it not happening but just figured it was a matter of timing. I had one appointment with Tsagaris, he also prescribed me some Chinese herbs that I took and a few weeks later I was pregnant. It could be a complete coincidence, I will never know, but I know that I'm grateful that he decided I didn't need a facial.
I've spoken to lots of women about trying to concieve, and everyone has a different story to tell. For some it's an easy journey, for others it feels like an uphill battle, there isn't a one-shoe-fits-all way of it making it happen but a common thread seems to be, at least amongst the women I've chatted to, that acupuncture was suddenly something they were thinking about or had tried. I spoke to Tsagaris about why he thinks acupuncture is beneficial, whichever stage of the pregnancy pathway you're on.

To read the full story, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment