School: aaaom.edu

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Integrative Oncology

Integrative Oncology
I (Dr. Donald I. Abrams) refer my patients to Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners on the staff at the Osher Center. I believe that cancer patients treated concurrently with acupuncture tend to do better. In fact, the National Institutes of Health had a consensus conference on acupuncture in 1997 and found that it was useful in treating side effects of chemotherapy, including chemotherapy associated nausea and vomiting. I think it may also be useful for increasing energy, decreasing dry mouth and relieving hormonally induced hot flashes. Traditional Chinese Medicine is all about expelling evil and supporting good. Modern western medicine is mainly about expelling evil. I think my role as an integrative oncologist is to support the good as well as expelling the evil.
To read more, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment