School: aaaom.edu

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Acupuncture in Texas



Acupuncture and deep massage therapy go mainstream in Central Texas
ROUND ROCK, Texas (KXAN) — The ancient Chinese medical art of acupuncture only began to be legalized in American states in the 1970s. The FDA gave it the okay in 1996 and now some 8-million Americans are using it for treatment. It is going mainstream in Central Texas now. Baylor Scott & White is introducing acupuncture and deep massage therapy at two clinics in south Round Rock and Avery Ranch, and patients approve.
Shane Casey was out riding one day in Liberty Hill when her horse throw her, fell on her and broke her pelvic bone in four places. Doctors were not encouraging, She says, “They told me you are very lucky. 50% to 60% of people do not survive an accident like that. So I chose to take medicine to be able to walk and just enjoy life.” But the medicine worried her. “I was in a wheelchair, then a walker, then a cane, so I decided to look at a different method. Because I didn’t know what the long term effects would be. What was going to happen to me when I was 80 after taking it for so long?”
She met Kendall Burleson, a licensed acupuncturist. A high school basketball injury led to Kendall getting acupuncture treatment and eventually she entered the field. She knows some folks are skeptical, “I think that’s how most people find acupuncture. It’s like one of those things, whatever, I’ll try it, or I have nothing left I’ll give it a go. You’re always skeptical when you try something new, especially something like this when it is clouded in a tiny bit of mystery.”

To continue to read, click here.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. The thing about people is, most of the time, they're are kind of afraid to try something new. They always choose the common, what the majority chooses. Kendall acupuncture is a really good and natural way to treat almost any kind of ailment.

    ReplyDelete