School: aaaom.edu

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Marketing is NOT Advertising

Marketing is NOT Advertising

 As you might imagine, when I begin a coaching program with one of my clients, one of the first questions I ask is, “What are you currently doing to market your practice.” It’s a loaded question because I know the sort of answer I’ll get. And it opens up the discussion we need to have.
The responses I get almost always revolve around advertising. Here are a few:
- I go to a networking group.
- I pass out business cards and brochures around the community.
- I have an ad in the yellow pages.
- I have a website and I pay for ranking on Google.
- I put up flyers at the grocery store.
- I rely on foot traffic that sees my sign.
- I work with other practitioners to get referrals.
- I have an ad in the local paper.
- I have an ad on Craigslist.
- I have an ad in Valpak.
- I did a groupon.
- I do health fairs.
- I do public speaking.
To read I hate marketing, click here.

1 comment: